© 2018. All right reserved. P S Ranjan & Co, Advocates & Solicitors Powered by VISHTECH
We seek part-time or full-time, for our Medico-Legal Department.
- a registrable medical qualification and a qualification in or at least sufficient experience in the technological aspects of healthcare practice
- medico-legal experience is an advantage but is not necessary
- computer literacy
- to assist and advise the firm’s medical advisers and lawyers
- to assess medico-legal cases in regard to their technological aspects, especially as regards healthcare systems and management; healthcare information systems; and failures of technology
- to assess cases of product liability, especially in regard to the technological aspects of medical devices and medical and surgical treatment
- looking up medical and medico-technological literature
- client support
- assisting the lawyers and the visiting medical advisers in dealings with clients, witnesses and experts
- assisting in preparing educational materials and in organising educational programmes
We seek a visiting psychologist for our medico-legal department.
Qualifications and Experience :-
- At least a bachelor’s degree in psychology.
- A special interest and experience in forensic psychology and cognitive psychology would be an advantage.
- At least five years of practical experience.
- to help the lawyers to assess legal and especially medico-legal cases regarding the psychological issues involved
- to advise and assist the firm’s visiting medical advisers
- to assist the firm’s medical interns in learning about medico-legal cases
- to advise the lawyers on how to undertake negotiations and to prepare arguments in legal disputes
- to advise on and to assist in the preparation of patients’ grievance procedures in medico-legal cases
- to advise and assist regarding the preparation of instructions to independent experts in medico-legal cases
- to look up relevant literature and to assist in the preparation and maintenance of the firm’s medico-legal and medical library and database
- to help prepare medico-legal articles for publication on the firm’s website and for circulation to clients
- to assist the firm in the preparation of teaching materials for healthcare bodies and teaching institutions
- A part-time appointment or a paid internship may be offered.
- general secretarial and administrative duties
- a certificate or diploma in private secretaryship
- computer literacy and an excellent command of the English and Malay languages
- attractive salary
- discretionary bonuses and increments
- group hospitalisation and personal accident insurance and out-patient medical and dental benefits (out-patient specialist treatment at our discretion)
- five-days a week
PUPILLAGE AND INTERNSHIP
In addition to accepting pupils, we accept law students as interns. We also accept as interns medical students and medical graduates.
P S Ranjan & Co.
Advocates & Solicitors,
17th Floor, Wisma Lee Rubber,
No.1, Jalan Melaka,
50100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: 60-3 2078 8181
Fax: 60-3 2078 5522
E-mail : [email protected]