© 2018. All right reserved. P S Ranjan & Co, Advocates & Solicitors Powered by VISHTECH
Personal Data Notice
PERSONAL DATA NOTICE
P S Ranjan & Co. are committed to ensuring that the safety and security of your personal data which are in our possession are safe and secure. This notice will help
you understand how we collect, handle, guard, retain and share your personal data. This notice will also provide information on how you may access your personal data
and control our disclosure of such data.
Collection of Personal Data
Your personal data are usually captured in our notes of interviews or telephone calls, correspondence, and legal documents such as cause papers and agreements. Your
personal data are needed for but not limited to the purposes described below:-
1. for the performance of the professional tasks for which we have been engaged;
2. to comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, guidelines and/or other legal requirements;
3. for statistical, administrative, or accounting purposes in regard to our business; and
4. for all other purposes incidental to and associated with any of the above purposes.
The consent to the processing of your personal data for the purposes set out above is necessary otherwise it will be impossible or at least very difficult for us to perform
the services required.
Your consent to we using your personal data can be implied by your conduct and dealings with us. However, if you wish to have a written record of your consent,
please sign the attached consent form and return it to us.
Processing arrangements and means
In relation to the above mentioned purposes, your personal data will be processed both electronically and/or in paper form, and in any case, using any such means that
have been set up in order to minimise the usage of identifiable data that is not necessary for the purposes mentioned above.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Your personal data will be kept confidential but such data may be provided to the following categories of parties within or outside of Malaysia for the purposes set out
1) individuals who cooperate with us (such as fee earners, accountants, secretaries, interns and administrative staff) and who act as data processors
or persons in charge of the processing according to the circumstances;
2) persons operating in the judicial sector, counterparties and their lawyers and advisers, members of arbitration panels and in general to any public or private
individual or entity to whom your personal data must be disclosed for fulfilling the purposes set out above;
3) individuals/entities (if any) to whom we may outsource one or more activities;
4) consultants, credit and financial institutions, insurance companies, and debt collection companies, all of which will be appointed as external data
5) any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law and for the purposes of any regulations, codes or
guidelines issued by governmental, regulatory or other authorities with which we are required to comply;
6) any person entitled to receive the personal data by reason of any order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
In case of merger, acquisition or transfer affecting our business, your personal data may be transferred by us to the entities involved in such transactions.
Safety and Security of Personal Data
We have implemented the safety and security measures prescribed by applicable laws to protect your personal data. All reasonable efforts and practical steps are
taken so as to ensure that any personal data held by us are kept up-to-date and are protected against any loss, destruction, misuse, modification or unauthorised or
accidental access or disclosure.
Access and change requests
You have the right to access, correct or change any of your personal information held by us. If you wish to access, update or change your personal information, we will
exercise reasonable efforts to accommodate your request and make the changes as soon as possible. However, in order for us to address your request appropriately, we
may request verification of your identity or any other relevant details before before acting upon your request.
You also have the right to obtain erasure, anonymisation or blocking of personal data that has been processed unlawfully, as well as the right to object, in any case, on
legitimate grounds, to the processing of personal data concerning you.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us or if you have any enquiries or complaints, please write to
us. Our contact details are given below :-
E-mail: [email protected]
Postal address : P S Ranjan & Co.
Advocates & Solicitors
17th Floor, Wisma Lee Rubber
No. 1, Jalan Melaka
50100 Kuala Lumpur
We reserve the right to change the form and content of our Personal Data Notice.
P S Ranjan & Co
1st December 2018